PLEASE SEE OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.PS185.org
Lost and Found
Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-19 School Year
After receiving your Kindergarten offer letter, you must register in person at the school. If you do not do so by 04/27/18, you will lose this offer. Please contact Mrs. Gheller at 718-745-6610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to register.
In order to register your child, you must have the following with you:
- the CHILD whom you are registering
- the offer letter from the DOE
- the child’s **BIRTH CERTIFICATE**
- the child’s IMMUNIZATION RECORD (*must be up-to-date with vaccines to attend school*). Children will be excluded from attending school if their vaccines are not up-to-date by September 2018. See here for immunization requirements: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/461805A3-25CC-4397-AE8E-F8A32BCF6335/0/MedReqSep2017rev1117.pdf
- TWO PROOFS OF ADDRESS – see below for acceptable proofs
You must have all of the above information in order to register – we cannot register a student who is missing any documents. Please bring the originals and a copy for us to keep. Be advised that photo ID is required at all times to enter our school building.
In order to save time, you can print out the registration packet and bring it to registration completed. The medical form should be brought to your child’s pediatrician and returned to school in September. (immunization record is still required for registration)
Proper dress attire for school
As warm weather has finally arrived, I would like to remind you of proper dress attire for school. We want to ensure that all students are safe. We do not want students to slip and fall or be exposed to too much sun during recess. Please be advised of the following:
- Flip flops are not allowed in school. They make walking on staircases and playing at recess dangerous. Please make sure your child wears shoes or sandals with back straps to keep them securely on their feet. Sneakers are required on Physical Education days.
- Shorts and skirts should be at appropriate lengths and shirts should touch the tops of the child’s pants to avoid any unnecessary sun exposure.
Thank you for your cooperation and for helping to keep our students safe.
School starts at 8 -
Don't be late!
The school day starts at 8:00 AM.
Doors open for line-up at 7:50.
Don’t be late!
Please see our new Parent Handbook for important information, dates and resources.
School Year Calendars
Please see the below link for the school calendar.
2017-18 School Year Immunization Requirements
All students should be up-to-date with their immunizations to avoid exclusion from school. See the 2017 – 18 New York State Immunization Requirements at the link below:
School recesses are the ideal time to bring your children’s vaccines up-to-date.
Please be sure to be on time to pick-up your child.
Kindergarten — 2:05 pm
Grades 1 & 2 — 2:10 pm
Grades 3, 4 & 5 — 2:15 pm
Classes dismissed from 86th Street doors
near Ridge Blvd.:
3-403 3-404 3-405
Classes dismissed from 86th Street doors in Schoolyard:
K-201 K-202 K-210 1-302 1-303
2-304 2-305 2-301 3-401 5-501 5-503
Classes dismissed from 87th Street doors near Ridge Blvd.:
4-504 4-508 4-509
Classes dismissed from 87th Street doors in Schoolyard:
207 K-209 K-211 1-208 1-308 1-309
2-307 5-505 5-507 506
NIA Contact Info
All questions for the NIA Program should be directed to Ms. Sarah Gualco, 646-584-5537 or email@example.com.
After School Program
NYC Schools Account
Your child’s NYC Schools Account lets you view your child’s current and past attendance, report card grades and State Test results in multiple languages.
Please visit http://mystudent.nyc for more information, or contact Mrs. Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Summer Reading
Summer Book Lists
Book lists include books on different reading levels. Feel free to look at lists from various grades to select books on the appropriate reading level for your child. Your child’s June reading level was indicated on their end of the year report card.
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Mrs. Maguire to request assistance.